...............The Hellwig Family

Monday, November 10, 2008

Christianna's 12th Birthday!

Posted by Gabrielle

Yes, she's 12 already! We celebrated her birthday on October 31st with a big family party! It's been a long time since we've had a 'little' little girl! But we're so thankful for you, Christianna and pray that you may grow up into a mighty woman of God!

The 'official' birthday portrait!
Blowing out her 12 candles
Benaiah loves birthdays; there's always some new kind of dessert to try!

In light of the fact that her birthday was on Reformation Day, that afternoon I read to the family an interesting quote from Martin Luther that I found:

'So when the devil throws your sins in your face and declares that you deserve death and hell, tell him this: "I admit that I deserve death and hell, what of it? For I know One who suffered and made satisfaction on my behalf. His name is Jesus Christ, Son of God, and where He is, there I shall be also!" '
- Martin Luther

P.S. I apologize for the delay in getting this posted. It takes some time to compile and edit the photos from three different Hellwig digital photographers!

2 comments:

FullquivOrr said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Christianna! May the Lord bless you with many more years.

Love,
Bekah
-for the Orr family

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Christianna from the Sohmer's!!!

We love you!

And I'm glad Benaiah loves birthdays. As a Hellwig, he has many opportunities to celebrate them!!! :)

with love in Christ,

The Sohmer's

P.S. Can I share a joke I wrote myself about Reformation Day? Okay, you're warned that this might not be too funny because, well, I made it up. Here goes...

So October 31 is Reformation Day, so in an attempt to start good discussions with my neighbors about what God has done through Martin Luther, I dressed up in a Martin Luther costume and went door-to-door through my neighborhood, hoping my costume would prompt good discussion. But all anyone did was smile at me and give me candy. Strange.

Okay, I warned you it might not be too funny. ;)