...............The Hellwig Family

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Conversation with Benaiah

Posted by Gabrielle

Benaiah and I had an interesting conversation this morning while I was finishing a crocheted baby hat. It's a baby girl hat with pink and white stripes and a matching flower accent. I'll be posting more about it on my blog once I get pictures as I'm working on perfecting the pattern so I can make them to sell.

Benaiah: *peeking curiously at my work* "Is that for Zadok?" (his very-loved stuffed lamb)
Me: "No, it's pink. Besides, I already made one for Zadok." (A bad first try in blue, brown, and white that came out too small)
Benaiah: *pausing for a moment* "Yes, you have it in your tray. Will you get it for me?"
Me: "Yes, I'll get it for you later."
Benaiah: *after a moment of contemplation* "Will you put a flower on it?"

I had to explain to a very distracted three-year-old why we do not put flowers on boy's hats (and on boy lamb's hats :)

No comments: