...............The Hellwig Family

Friday, October 1, 2010

I will set My bow in the cloud

Posted by Gabrielle
After enjoying the rainy day all day yesterday, I was called outside to see this magnificent double rainbow. It lasted only a few minutes.


"I set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be fore a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth. It shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow will be seen in the cloud, and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh. When the bow is in the cloud, then I will look upon it, to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth." Genesis 9:13-16

What a sweet promise this is that allows us to enjoy the rainstorms and know He will always keep His word!

1 comment:

Joshua Horn said...

We saw the same rainbow, but for some reason, probably because of a sunset coming through clouds, the light was greenish yellow. These pictures are what it actually looked like

http://hornherald.blogspot.com/2010/10/sunset.html